Whether you're a new mother or managing a growing family, the Family Health Services Division of Outreach Health Services is here to help. The FHS division gives Texas children a healthy start in life through the Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program. Some of the services offered in this division include:
- Nutrition education classes
- Vouchers for healthy foods such as milk, cereal and cheese
- Individualized support for expectant mothers
- Education for new mothers about caring for themselves and their newborns
- Advice and support for keeping your child healthy
- Shots for kids of all ages
- Information about when to immunize your children
- Breastfeeding instruction and support
- Health care and social service referrals
Outreach Health Services provides these services through the Texas Department Aging and Disability Services (TDADS) to individuals who meet income and other eligibility requirements.
Through its Pediatric Care Division, Outreach Health Services also provides a variety of home health services for children with special health care needs. Click here for more information.
Medicare/Medicaid Certified * Licensed by TDADS